CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

29 March 2011


Day 88:

I have been having fun over the last couple of days working on a challenge piece.  This is a portion of it showing a new technique I have discovered where you paint applique paper and iron it onto your fabric.  the theme is 'fractured' . 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the whole piece. By applique paper do you mean something like wonder under? or steam a seam? Have you tried painting on those, then ironing them on (with a paper over, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used the equivalent of bondeweb or wonder under(not steam a seam as it is a film). Ours is called magic applique. I used a freezer paper template to get the bits in the areas where I wanted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! Show me a quick way to get this on my computer somehow but with crisp clear edges that I can use it somewhere...!!!

    ReplyDelete