CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year
CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.
CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
One of the demos I am doing is quick quarter-square triangles in various colourways hence the necessity to put together some examples.
I have also been playing around with coloured paper and pasting up mockups of various traditional blocks where these could be used.
Our theme for the show is 'Go Green' which is really quite an ambiguous theme .... hence this little wall hanging which has a double use as I need an example of various applique techniques for something else later in the year.
I now need to get onto all the notices and tickets which will be required so there will not be much sewing for the moment.
Friday, June 13, 2014
Otherwise at night I have been playing around with some crochet. Amongst the teapot cosy and mug warmer is a pom-pom beanie, a bit of fun.
Thursday, May 29, 2014
I chose the movie Hiroshima - mon amour as It was the 60th anniversary of Hiroshima, movie made by a French Director and the piece made by a South African ,,,,, all the dots connected the three countries. This challenge took place in 2010..
I have finally finished my Japanese Anemone piece.
I chose the spotty binding as I thought it softened the 'white' of the flowers, however, it 'dances' on the edge of the piece and is quite distracting. I think a more regular pattern would have been better. I may revisit this one.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
The background flower is drawn on as well as the buds with fabric oil pastels. At this point I have also just fused the stems and leaves in place. The stitched flowers are just placed. How to quilt the background?
After stitching the leaves, buds and stems I used a mix of stippling around the leaves and then I changed to the very open pansy design around the rest of the piece. I now need to stitch in place the flowers and finish them off with hand stitches and beads. Sort of happy - I think this is one that will grow on me once finished.
I was given some young sprouting bulbs by a friend a while ago and they have been doing well. Look what I discovered a couple of days ago ........ one is about to flower, well, actually to my delight I have discovered a few more popping up in the other pot. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the plant!
Monday, April 28, 2014
Friday, April 25, 2014
While relaxing and enjoying the now cooler evenings (they are quite magnificent) I like to keep my fingers busy. This is what I am working on at the moment. A very quick and easy crochet daisy pattern which is joined together when the outer pale olive green surround is done.
I still need to finish off the threads at the back and am a long way off from finishing as I am not sure the size I want it.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Our neighbour across the road has two - this white one and a black. I think as with most pet rabbits unless you have them in a concreted bottom enclosure they will escape. They do also have two small dogs so I think they run the gauntlet and come to visit for some peace and quiet.
The final of the three challenges is now finished ..........
....... and I handed in the three yesterday.