CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Past, present, future

The second challenge for my local guild, movie - The Great Escape, I finished a couple of weeks ago.  The last postings showed a work in progress.


This is the end of the real "Harry" tunnel (on the other side of the road) showing how it does not reach the cover of the trees.
We have been hearing the Kingfishers in the vicinity again and to our delight a pair have returned to nest in the weep holes of the retaining walls of our pool area. What alerted me to them was the on and off tapping on one of our windows only to discover that they can either see themselves in the window of my sewing room or there is some other fascination that makes them fly up to it and tap on the window pane.  

I managed to capture this one from the door entering the room and thru the window pane so not sharp but this is one of our lodgers

And this is the last one of the challenges, song - Rock around the Clock.



Painted, fused and in place to be stitched. You will notice the clock goes backwards!   This was not my intention. I was concentrating so hard and oops!  I left it as my other half gave me the idea of  'going back in time'  which I thought was nice and quirky.


2 comments:

  1. With all the remembrance of the wars going on this year we have seen quite a bit about 'The Great Escape'. Well portrayed, Phil.

    I love 'Rock around the Clock' and immediately thought the same as Dave - a glance back in time. Never admit your mistake - it was part of the design plan!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely embroidery on the Great Escape. And I like your quirky clock!

    ReplyDelete