CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

february - finished



Finished and mounted on an artists canvas (12 x 12).  Background dyed and stitched with the stems painted in afterwards.  The frog is a commercial piece of fabric and he has a piece of thermor behind him and then I went in with my favourite ...... Pentel Fabric Pastel Crayons. The shimmer was created by using the end of a kebab stick and a pin head and silver paint.

Very happy with him.

3 comments:

  1. phil! that is absolutely beautiful - you really are talented - has jen seen this? she will plutz!! xxx chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! At first glance I thought it was your original photograph... I love the frog but my fave part are the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! The leaf is gorgeous, and I thought that you had used your photograph of the frog.

    ReplyDelete