CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

JULY COMPLETED

My life is too complicated at the moment and too many things (lots of good things!) are getting in the way and ambushing my deadlines. but ..................

July is finished but not completed. i.e. still needs to be mounted but it will not alter what you see here.




I am very happy with the result and cannot believe how easily it worked out. 


I printed my cropped picture onto a silk backing and then literally stitched into it .... a bit like paint by numbers, fantastic! 


My problem is the mounting. Although I am using a small 8 x 8inch artists canvas the silk backing sheet is fractionally smaller.  I might cut out the machine embroidery and mount onto another piece of fabric.  Need to think about this one.

1 comment: