CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

SEPTEMBER COMPLETED

Completed but not finished!!  It is on the canvas but I need to finish off the sides etc.



Printed on silk background and then the actual anchor/chain is painted applique.  Because I want to keep them all as stitched 'artworks' I could not get away without the visible stitching. It did look a bit like a photograph before so I suppose it works.  This is one that has the edge as a photograph than in reality.  How does one correct that???

2 comments:

  1. It is a striking piece, Phil. I love all the different angles and the contrast between the pale grey areas and the intense rusty colours.
    The silk seems to have given the background a lovely soft look.

    Why are you worried about the comparison between the photo and the reality? Are you too critical because you have been too close and involved? How do you think people who see it fresh for the first time will react?

    Another winner,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. My comment is more that I am missing the true 2D effect that I was hoping for. yes if others see it then I think I am looking too closely and intimately and need to stand back.

      Delete