CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

FINAL EFFECT

I have done a few more 'things' to the piece and I think this is it for this one. 


I have used a very fine black pen and worked some of the lines around the 'painted' areas and then I used white paint to put a wash over the sign post to knock back the colour.   I also added the small stand alone post on the left ...... one error ...... I removed the chain.  I now have a shadow of an invisible chain.  I need to remember this.

4 comments:

  1. Great, Phil. Just the right amount of colour and detail in the background to make it interesting without detracting from the sign. Oh shucks about the chain! The white paint wash has knocked the bright colours back nicely.

    You should be very pleased with this piece.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Phil. I particularly like the way you've done the building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was great to see this in REAL life. I love the 'washed out' colour look but wished you'd kept a piece of chain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phil,so nice to see you and your wonderful work today!You are a wonderful,inspiring PERSON and it truly shows in your work!Congratulations!!
    Thanks for kindly offering to help me today....BUT.....I don't have ur mail address,cud you mail me,thanks.Have a wonderful week!
    janetcush@telkomsa.net

    ReplyDelete