CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

FIRST ATTEMPT

Believe it or not I have managed to squeeze in some time to 'play' around with my challenge and I think I am on the right track.  Here's what I did ......


I chose this picture taken at the Hout Bay waterfront in Cape Town as it is a perfect example of a photograph with a very definite foreground.  I then converted it to a black & white picture ......


and then printed it onto some fairly thick lutradur, thru my inkjet printer.....

 


I really love this effect.  This is all thanks to one of the other blogs I participate in where the info was shared.  I then painted, very pale, the wooden balustrade and stairs in brown and the section below the balustrade and the pillar, front left with the 'teal'.
 
 
Stuck the original picture on board and cut out the sign post, mounted 3D sticky pieces at the back and stuck it onto the painted lutradur.
 
 
I have just trimmed back the lutradur and laid it on the biscuit coloured paper and then on some black paper.
 
 
There is more contrast than I would like.  I have not stitched and am not sure whether I would want to on this one.  An option would be to draw in black lines around the painted areas, however, the lutradur is too coarse so maybe the next trial should be on thinner lutradur. 
 
I need to now get out there and take some good pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Cripes, if this the first then I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    Thanks so much for the careful step by step of the process.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete