CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

HEADWAY ON THE SECOND PROJECT

I have made headway on the next project after getting the threads sorted and pictures transferred onto cotton percale using TAP.

You definitely get rusty if you give a technique a break .........



...... you cannot see here as the light from the machine distorts the colours of the thread but I approached this one completely wrong by starting with the white and then working in the pale grey as you now can see.......



.... having said that, photographed on the black background it suddenly looks okay.  I then stitched the second one and personally I do prefer it.

Here is a picture of the two together, with the 'better' one in the background. I have also used a different fabric for the background.



The bits missing from the flowers will be done by hand at the end.

Getting there.  I need a few more flowers to play around with.  They are stitched surprisingly quickly so no problem.

1 comment:

  1. These are exquisite, Phil. I quite like the rose background. But which one...?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete