CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fabric Dyeing

Managed to slot in the fabric dyeing yesterday .... a little later than planned.  Not too shabby I say!



My picture choice is now revealed .  Size 12 x 12.   Threadplay will probably be a strong feature in this work and to get the dark overtones on the petals I am looking at using oil sticks.

I have also decided that all will be mounted on a boxed stretch canvas.

2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did getting the deep colours. btw, Heather in our 12 group puts most of her work on boxed canvas, with a black frame around. She might have some suggestions for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks .. will certainly ask for some ideas as I have done a couple but not all that successfully and certainly could do with some fine tuning. I have the book Fabric Dyer's Dictionary by Linda Johansen - and it works.

    ReplyDelete