CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

JUNE COMPLETED !!!

Finally finished or is it.?  Photographed it looks a little iffy but I need to give it a rest and then go back to it.




I have changed the ratio of berries to foliage as per the picture.  This is a little canvas (8inch square) and although made out of air dried modelling clay, painted and varnished, the berries would have been too clumsy.  The same problem I had with the dew drops on an earlier piece.  The foliage behind is too predictable and this is where I need to fiddle plus I have just realized the seed pods have no stems !

3 comments:

  1. The berries are brilliant - perfectly captured. As are the little pods. But the background is needing to be more interesting. In the original picture the leaves are long and thin and crisscrossing in all directions...

    Like the thought that is a small precious piece.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could not get the next pic up yesteday - server playing up. I think I have solved the un-balanced look .. a bit berry heavy plus put in the pod stems. I think the seeding will finish it off.

      Delete
  2. Adding the stems and the empty seed cases has done it. H

    ReplyDelete