CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Friday, November 2, 2012

NOW THE BEADING

Here is the finished piece ..... am I happy, relatively.  I learnt a lot.  You need thousand of beads and lots of practice.  I also had to learn it will always look like a heavily beaded piece. Would I do another .... probably as it was fascinating sitting quietly and working with the beads into the fabric.




This is as finished as it will be for the present as I will now embellish and finish it off using beads. 



This is the technique perfected by Thom Atkins (bought his book the other day Beading Artistry for Quilts) and the technique I want to use to finish this piece. It will take some time to source the correct colour and size beads so will take some time to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Phil, it's beautiful. I had no idea you meant this kind of beading. I can well understand the peace and quiet sitting and threading the beads on. Hope you find the beads in the colours you need.

    I can't get the beaded picture to enlarge like the lower one - is it a small file?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea why that has happened as the pic below should be the same size. However I did go back in and reduce the last 6 months pics as I had a problem uploading the last couple of pics as I was prompted that I had run out of space and needed to buy more if I wanted to add pics? So yes, the picture is smaller!

      Delete