CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

FINISHED and MOUNTED

Well it ended up the moth/butterfly and I used photo transfer and then free motion embroidery over the butterfly (I will call it).




I am still having problems with stretching and puckering and need to really concentrate on that.  Very noticeable on the top right part of wing.  As it is still not mounted I may get away with it with putting backing between the work and the frame.  Really enjoyed this technique again. 

Update:  I pinned and stretched on a board and managed to flatten most of the puckers down to just creases and it is now mounted.  The picture is now of the finished and mounted work.

2 comments:

  1. Your butterfly is stunning. What is behind? is that what it is/will be mounted on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the same technique as the boat ... TAP photo transfer and then I worked into the butterfly by machine. I managed to stretch out some of my problems and the pic is now mounted (replaced pic with new one).

      Delete