CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

ROLL ON 2013

2013 is going to be a major challenge, but hey, is that not the whole point. I saw some work by a local artist, Anthea Martin, which was amazing and has pointed me in this direction.  Whether I will succeed, time will tell! I will be travelling along a major learning curve trying out techniques never done before.

The aim is to create 2D pictures.  Paper background, photo cutouts of parts of buildings and the rest of the picture completed by simples stitch lines and watercolour paint.  I have not decided on a size.  Not smaller than A5 and not bigger than A4. I will have to work out what works for me.

I find completing journals very difficult. I am going to use this year as my journal .... but in this space. I will document a lot more of my progress, work and inspiration along with pictures of buildings.  My only deadline is to have a minimum of 12 pages completed by the 31 December 2013.

Here goes to a wonderful journey.........................

Happy New Year to Everyone. 
 May 2013 bring you heaps of creativity, stitching, satisfaction and TIME!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating, Phil. I look forward to following along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A New Year and a new blog look - red hot!

    Why, oh why, do these artists not have websites or blogs for us to follow their work?!

    So there will be no fabric this year? Paper, images, paint and stitch? Sounds like fun. I am looking forward to your first piece. Where are the inspirations coming from? Any idea how you will present them ?

    Thanks for the wish for heaps of time - and all the rest. Likewise!

    Love, Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two yes's ..... no fabric and secondly I would like to create a book! Whether it will be concertina style or standard bound is unknown at this stage. This is why I would prefer to work on an A5 size or slightly bigger- squaring it up. A4 would be a bit big. Now is the daunting part and a bit of playing around for the moment.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Phil on coming up with a plan! I think that's the hard part. It would be interesting to see some work by Anthea to see the direction you will take. Good luck with it all and I look forward to following your progress.

    Health and Happiness for 2013.

    ReplyDelete