CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

In the beginning ........

This time of year from about 11, when the sun is shining, it is far too hot to be outside and this is when I distract myself from general household chores to far more interesting projects.

This has been interesting as I started the arduous task of removing the frog from the backing cloth.......


......... he is missing a limb to the right of the quick-un-pick. After one and a half hours my fingers were quite bruised trying to pick out the little threads.  I had a quiet giggle while unpicking away as I have a fellow quilter who calls these type of projects "FROGS"  ....... because you can hear them calling as you work on them ..... "ribbick!"

Plan B :  The frog is a photo transfer on cotton, appliqued onto the duck canvas, and then stitched.  Finally he was appliqued onto the base cloth and stitched again in various places to secure and or to add more stitching.  Hence I am going to go in from the front with a very sharp blade and try and slice thru the stitching enough to loosen and remove without hopefully going the whole way thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment