CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

NEXT PROJECT

This project was meant for submission to a celebratory exhibition and obviously never happened.  I did submit a piece of work but it was a quilt I had produced in the year during a workshop with Rosalie Dace.

The original intention was to produce three thread painted flowers and to mount them on three artist canvases (ready bought), however, I have committed myself to producing two A3 sized quilts for an American auction next year so these may take this format.


I have gathered the thread together (and bought some more) and I think I have enough to go forward with.  The top copy is a paper print out of the flower and the ones behind are the photo transferred onto cotton. 

The idea is to stitch the flowers, cut out, fuse to a background, and progress.  Hopefully this coming week will see some action!

No comments:

Post a Comment