CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

march - finished



Overall quite happy.   Probably went to town on the water droplets but I am sure some will drop off in time as they are only stuck on.  Will still keep my eyes open for something a tad better than the 'jewels' I have used. I have also dabbed a bit of glue on top of the jewels as they had too much bling to them...... gives them a slightly matt look which is better.

Back to portrait position in the end as well.

4 comments:

  1. Phil, it is 'achingly' beautiful! How have you finished the edges? Are you going to frame it - inside a box frame perhaps?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All are stretched over a ready made boxed artist canvas and just stapled to the back.
      The edges were created by doing a free-motion irregular zigzag in white just off the edge of the leaves and then I went around with a small zigzag in the 'pink' thread on the leaf edge. The white zigzag was then snipped and left to 'fluff' a little more than I needed but over time some will fall out and leave me what I need.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I dropped in. Your recent piece is very beautiful, very subtle. I do like the portrait orientation, and find it interesting that you have three leaves, each with three lobes. Nice composition and interesting vagueness to background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil, my comment of a few days ago must not have posted!

    It is a lovely composition and you have used the white in the dyed fabric well to show the light coming through the leaves. And well done coming up with that method to produce a little fuzz around the leaves.

    ReplyDelete