CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Materials all sorted!

This could be a first, although I should not tempt fate.

As you an see I have got all my materials prepared .... painted applique paper, painted and heat zapped Tyvek and painted local batting , Loomtex.


This also confirms the picture I have chosen ...... the 'mushrooms'.   The paint is still wet on the batting and the tyvek, added some more after heating.  I am using a black piece of cloth as the 'background' and have ironed the painted applique paper in place.  Because of the materials there will be very little stitching on this piece. Shape will be portrait.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this develop. The Tyvek I recognize and the piece under it looks stunning. Is the yellow the painted batting? The painted appliqué paper - Bondaweb? Don't keep us in the dark for too long please. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piece under the Tyvek is painted applique paper - same as bondaweb. Idea taken from the Kemshalls. The batting is yellow and our locally made batting - not the best but good texture for this purpose.

      Delete