CHALLENGE 2013: This was a non happening but will be part of my next years work as I work thru the year

CHALLENGE 2012 : Each month I will choose a picture from last years challenge and create a fibre art interpretation of it or piece of it using at least one new technique each time.

CHALLENGE: 2011: 365 days in picture.

Monday, April 30, 2012

APRIL - FINAL



Done it!  Finished on time, lets hope I am able to keep this up. 

Mixed feelings about the out come.   I think I should have had less background to the mushroom and brought the tyvek at the top down a bit and had the mushroom overlapping - would have improved my depth.  Truth being I ran out of painted tyvek and was too lazy to make up some more!  Could change later if it continues to bother me.

6 comments:

  1. You've done it again! I love the way this little mushroom is like a shining beacon but is dwarfed by its surroundings - the contrasts between the surfaces from hard to shiny to rough.

    I personally think the proportions are right - the yellow is strong enough to hold its own against a large background.

    Super!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Phil. A fun project and follow up to your previous challenge. I love the way the little mushroom leans against the big Mushroom, a little like a child leaning up against its Mother!!
    Lots of work but worth it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I am really enjoying this challenge. Just wish I did not have all the interruptions.

      Delete
  3. phil, you really inspire me..your work is beautiful xoxox chantal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantal. I am enjoying doing this challenge. Only wish this was the only thing I had to worry about.

      Delete
  4. love it! And the top part sort of acts as a frame. You've done a great job and I love the beading.

    ReplyDelete